Job Description SummaryResponsible for the thorough review of in-house loans and pre-submission reviews of externally underwritten loans and ensuring that all loans are underwritten according to agency and investor guidelines. Promotes excellent customer service and related activities, and works with Management, Loan Consultants, Client Coordinators and Closers.
JUMBO UW RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for providing quality and consistent underwriting of mortgage loans, focusing on highly complex loans, to ensure compliance with appropriate company standards.
- Assess the borrower(s) ability to repay, including validation of the borrower(s) employment, income, credit, assets and collateral as well as clearing any applicable underwriting conditions.
- Complete reviews of loans that will be underwritten as a prior-approved loans with the company’s investors and providing feedback to Client Coordinators and Loan Consultants.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of all agency and investor underwriting guidelines and credit overlays.
- Provides high quality customer service, including underwriting to the companies service level expectations.
Education and Experience
-- Bachelor’s degree and minimum 10 years’ of experience in the mortgage/finance industry, and 5-7 years’ underwriting experience
- Experience underwriting Jumbo Portfolio loans with full working knowledge of Appendix Q, ATR as well as QM and Non-QM lending preferred.
- 3 years’ experience manual underwriting
- Minimum of $1,000,000 signing authority required
- 5-7 years Front Line production underwriting
- 5 years of full practical knowledge with Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac guidelines
- Must fully understand Complex Jumbo Loan transactions
- Possesses comprehensive working knowledge of subject matter.
- Automated underwriting software required
- Must be highly proficient in reviewing and analyzing all levels of individual and business income tax returns.
Benefits of Working With Taylor Morrison
We are looking for dedicated professionals that share our values of putting the customer - and their needs - first. In addition to a great team atmosphere, career development and advancement opportunities, we offer full-time employees an extensive benefits package, to include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care - Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Matching Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Programs
- Employee & Dependent Life Insurance
- Vacation & Company Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Home Purchase Rebate Program
- Home Mortgage Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Welcome to the Taylor Morrison, Inc. Career Portal
In order to be the best in the industry, you have to surround yourself with the best people. At Taylor Morrison, Inc., we are committed to being the best North American homebuilder as measured by our employees, customers, shareholders, and business partners.
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, Taylor Morrison Home Corporation operates in the U.S. under the Taylor Morrison and Darling Homes brands. Taylor Morrison is a builder and developer of single-family detached and attached homes serving a wide array of customers including first-time, move-up, luxury, and active adult customers. Taylor Morrison divisions operate in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, North Carolina and Texas. Darling Homes serves move-up and luxury homebuyers in Texas. In addition, Taylor Morrison also offers home financing though Taylor Morrison Home Funding, providing professional and knowledgeable home mortgage options.
Taylor Morrison, Inc. is always looking for dedicated professionals who share our values. Please use our Career Portal to view current job openings and apply for positions online.
Thank you for considering a career with Taylor Morrison, Inc.!
For more information about Taylor Morrison please visit www.taylormorrison.com.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: R0002576